Saturday, January 16, 2021

OTC Relief

Over the summer months I noticed that I consistently woke up with a sore throat. It started during my main allergy season, and even though I took Zyrtec each night, it was there most mornings. Into the fall and winter, it continued - sometimes sorer, sometimes not as much, but always there. 

I also started to develop some heartburn and acid reflux more frequently. For the first time I bought something other than Tums - and it certainly helped.

At my yearly doctor's appointment in December, I noted these things to the my provider, and she had me try two different types of over the counter medicines and both of my problems seems to be resolved. The acid reflux fix was a 2-week course of 1 pill/day. The allergy fix is a nasal spray. 

There are so many options out there, and I rarely look beyond what I'm already using. I'm often uneasy about trying something new - between my own allergies and side effects I just prefer to have what I've already tried. Plus, I rarely feel like things are slowing me down.

But, after having these things resolved, I have to say that not having to worry about that sore throat, or to feel discomfort after eating something spicy is such a relief.

No comments: