Thursday, January 28, 2021

Deep Thoughts By David, Part 2

I'm not always sure what my kids are picking up about God and faith. We struggle with prayer (both have made it quite clear that bedtime prayer is not helpful for them). We have a hard time being in a worship service - whether in person pre-pandemic, or now on-line. Gabriel will do on-line Sunday School, but doesn't like to be on camera or respond to things. David will be there for songs and then pop in and out.

But, again, he is thinking. His recent deep question goes something like this. "It's so silly. God and Jesus are the same person, but God is Jesus' dad. How does God carry Jesus?"

I have no answer for him other than to say that it is silly and people have been trying to figure that out for lots and lots of years. I love that he is imagining how this relationship could be and that to him a dad carries the son. I love that he starts with that it's silly.

Mostly, I'm amazed at 4-year-old deep thoughts and how they give me deeper insight into relationships. 

No comments: