Monday, January 18, 2021

Bold Heart

Last year I arrived at a "theme word" for the year. It had been something I'd see others do and wondered if I should do it too, but didn't make much of an effort at finding one for myself. But, last year, as I contemplated what I thought would lie ahead for me in 2020, and as I gazed adoringly at my new coffee maker, I came up with the word bold. Bold is one of the settings I can choose on my coffee maker, but it spoke to me in more ways than just good-tasting coffee. And so, I periodically thought about what it meant to be bold throughout the year. 

This year I received a gift (from myself) of a 1-time subscription box geared toward women in ministry. I may do the 1-time box again, because I received some things I wouldn't necessarily get for myself, but that I think will be nice to have. In the cover of the box was a sticker that said, "The magi were guided by a star. Here is your guiding word for 2021: heart."

And so this year I will be focusing on heart. Perhaps with a bit of the residual bold connected to it.

No comments: