Wednesday, January 06, 2021

January 6, 2020

Today started with the wonderful news that the Senate elections, which I wrote postcards for, seemed to be going in my favor. (In my humble opinion, in the favor of the country, really). Rev. Warnock was declared the winner of his race, and Jon Ossoff was expected to win, which he did later this afternoon.

And then a not-entirely unexpected thing happened. Trump supporters descended upon Washington D.C. Not just to protest but to cause insurrection. While I disagree with their opinion, I fully support their right to protest - but not to storm Congress and interrupt the ratification of the vote for POTUS.

It seemed as if they were practically allowed to enter. It seemed as if those guarding the Capital were woefully unprepared and staffed. I wonder what we will learn in the coming days and weeks - but right now a lot still seems murky.

Yesterday I complained about 4-year-old behavior - and perhaps I should start to refer to him as a little insurrectionist. Because when he doesn't get his way, or we say something he doesn't like, he screams and throws things. Even his own things. And that is what it seems like the current President is doing.

No comments: