Friday, January 08, 2021

Plodding to Nowhere

Since Octoberish I have been walking twice a week with a neighbor friend. We meet at 6:15 or 6:30 and walk for about ½ an hour, so both of us arrive home with enough time for our spouses to get to work. This week, she has been out of town - and when she returns we will keep some distance for a little bit, so I'm trying to plod away on the treadmill in the basement.

On Monday, I got a decent sweaty walk in - although I had to hop on and off every so often because the kids needed something. On Wednesday, David was mostly interested in causing trouble, so I got some steps in, but it was not the workout I wanted. Today, I got up early - and though I got up at my regular walking time, it took me longer to get going. I had to end at 7 so Pablo could work, but I did get my heart going for 20 minutes at least.

This used to be the main exercise I got. It's why I had a pop-up gym membership - to walk/run on the treadmill. I'd watch tv and be able to zone out for half an hour. Now, I'm either jumping off to respond to kids or half asleep. Still, it's better than nothing. Maybe I'll be able to get out during daylight hours this weekend at sometime.

Picture taken in response to my sister's gorgeous cross country skiing pictures.
Picture taken in response to my sister's gorgeous cross country skiing pictures.


No comments: