Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Groceries During a Pandemic

In an hour or so I'll be heading to get groceries. I completely recognize that we are in a place of privilege. I have already ordered the groceries, and the ones that were able to be gotten (almost all this time) have been paid for with my credit card. I will roll up in my car, pop my trunk, show my id (because we have beer in this order) and someone will go and bring my cart(s) worth of stuff and load it in my trunk.

I have not been inside a store or structure other than my home (except for church that one time to pack up my stuff) since mid-March. I know that's not possible for most families.

Things will be changing soon. After we get together with my in-laws this weekend, I'm going to try to make a trip somewhere (Costco, Trader Joe's, I haven't decided yet) to get some of the things I haven't been able to get since everything started. I'm not as worried as I was a couple months ago. In places where masks are required and sanitation is being attended to, I think I'll feel relatively safe. But I also recognize that in this, I feel privilege too.

No comments: