Sunday, June 07, 2020

6 Feet Back

Our family has been continuing to social distance even as others are starting to open up a bit more. For the next week our reason is because we're going to have a visit with my in-laws who are in their 80's.

It's felt like a hard week to be socially distant. With protests and rallies held for Black Lives Matter and calls for police reform (or defunding). I *think* anything I would have gone to (which would have included bringing the kids to) would have been safe. All of the ones in our area were saying that everyone needed a mask and should try to stay 6 ft apart from people. I would have loved to have brought Gabriel to one of these to help our conversation about race, dignity, our responsibility and the part we play in making changes.

It's also been a little hard because I'm seeing people get together - with kids - with friends - to begin to ease those social distancing practices. I'm not even sure when or how we will begin to do that, but I know both of my kids will loooove it when we can.


No comments: