Monday, November 12, 2018

Coffee

So far my thankfulness topics have been pretty serious. I do have a lot to be sincerely thankful for - and there is more yet to come. But, today, I am thankful for hot coffee.

I used to be able to drink 4 cups a day, and I'm sorry to say that that no longer feels great to me. But, I do relish my 2, sometimes 3 cups, each morning.

I love the feeling of drinking coffee. The warmth that goes from the cup to my hands as I hold the cup, preparing to sip. The feeling of the warm drink moving down my throat into my stomach comforts me.

I like the taste of coffee. And, for the most part I like it black. Every once in a while with a little bit of cream. Every once in a while with a little sugar - but only when it's really thick.

I like the caffeine in coffee and for the most part like the burst of energy - that borders on jitteriness when I drink too much.

And, I like my favorite cup. It makes me laugh. A great way to start the day.

No comments: