Thursday, November 01, 2018

S'more

Written on March 6, 2017 

I've had some version of S'mores 3 times over this past weekend. The first was the new girl scout cookie (not Samoas, but described by the girl scouts as "Crunchy graham sandwich cookies with creamy chocolate and marshmallowy filling"). The other was an amazing S'more cheesecake at a "night in" with other moms that one of the other women made - the recipe can be found here. So amazingly delicious. And the third S'more was out to dinner with my family on Saturday night at a wonderful chocolate-themed restaurant nearby with a perfect little S'more dessert - with a little bacon sprinkled around it. 

To all three I would definitely say, "I'd like S'more!"

Today is my 40th birthday. Forty years on this earth. 20 years ago my birthday celebration was in the basement of my dorm where I was an RA. (I'm sure there were other festivities, but that is where we had cake). When I turned 30, I think I held a coffee house party in my apartment in Bay View. Forty's celebration will be a bit different - both now and not yet. Pablo took me out for a wonderful dinner with the boys on Saturday (where I had the third S'more dessert). My friends and family are wishing me happy birthday today, and those who are in the habit of doing so are giving me presents. But, with an almost-three-month old I decided that I would wait to hold any kind of gathering until the baby was a bit older and the weather a bit nicer. So, I'm intending to have a BBQ at a local park sometime in May or June. 

Maybe it's because I know there's something else to come. Maybe it's because I am exhausted trying to keep up with my 2-year-old and newborn. Maybe I'm 

*This is where the post ended.....obviously awaiting s'more. But, it's over 1 ½ years later, so I'm not even going to try to finish it. And still, I'll publish.

No comments: