Friday, March 02, 2007

The Paper Whole

I'm filling out the information to turn into my tax preparers. It's a nifty bit; I'm able to fill out a computer worksheet without ever printing anything.

Except I get nervous about missing something. It's so much easier for me to catch mistakes when it's printed out, so I'll probably print it out when I'm almost done anyway - just to make sure that I answered everything I was supposed to.

It's why I love books and prefer magazines and real newspapers to on-line versions. I think it has something to do with the way I learn - but what it comes down to is that I'm able to see the whole of an item at one time. I think it's that I get a sense of seeing the breadth, depth and length of what it is I'm tackling.

When it's nice and tidy on a computer screen I have no sense of any of those things.

*** OH - D and B made it safely to their friend's home in London. D didn't eat any of the plane food, but everything stayed down once they left my house. It sounded like they got some good sleep and were relaxed and ready for the rest of their adventure.***

No comments: