Wednesday, March 28, 2007

For this I'm thankful

I am thankful for today.

For the beauty of honesty and forgiveness. For the willingness of one to confess.

For two delightful women - living yards from each other in the same nursing home. Neither remembers much from our conversations. Both laugh, joke, cajole and perk up when I visit. It would have been nice to have known them before Alzheimer's, but it's pretty great to know them now as well.

For my secretary.

For my finance committee chair.

For people who are thinking of the church when possibilities arise.

For teenagers.

For the other congregation and their pastor who come on the 4th Wednesday to make supper.

For colleagues.

For a full house tonight - at dinner, at the clinic, at worship.

For members who reach out.

For members who allow themselves to be reached.

For creative nurses, who see the need for a $4 medicine and figure out a way to get it.

For the trust of a homeless man.

For being in the right place at the right time.

For a warm dry place to sleep.

For a glass of red wine.

For all this I'm thankful. Right now, today. I'm tingling with thankfulness. My eyes are brimming. Sometimes everything seems so very overwhelming and stressful. Sometimes I forget about how very lucky I am.

I feel very blessed.
Thank you, God.

1 comment:

Pink Shoes said...

Amen. This is lovely.