Tuesday, March 20, 2007

GS is for Cookie

The last few years I've been amazed at the speed in which the Girl Scout cookies I've ordered have disappeared.

It would seem like I had just opened a box and it was empty.

Seriously. Like 1/2 an hour later. No more cookies.

This year I was only hit up by one girl scout. I only ordered 2 boxes from her (one of each of my favorites - S'Mores (or whatever they're called now) and Thin Mints) because I thought other badge-earners would soon be following. Alas! Only two boxes this year.

The S'Mores were gone after 3 days. I was purposely limiting myself because of the supposed scarcity of the cookies. But, then, it was at least 3 weeks before I even opened my Thin Mints. And, I only ate 2 when I first opened them (two days ago). And, I still am on the first sleeve of cookies.

I'm almost fearful that something is wrong with me. I always devour these cookies like they're good for me or something. I still like the taste, but for some reason I'm naturally limiting myself.

Scary.

2 comments:

Backwoods Rev said...

It's not just you. We should start a support group.

Jessica said...

For me it's the samoas (aka "caramel delites"). It's like there's a black hole nearby when I open the box. Suddenly... whoosh! Empty box.