Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dress Me in Corduroy

I recently found a wonderful corduroy jacket on sale for $20. I love it. I wear it all the time. I also regularly wear 3 pair of corduroy pants - and one long corduroy skirt (individually...not at the same time).

My dilemma comes when I wear one of the pairs of pants or the skirt and I want to put a light jacket on.

Is there ever too much corduroy?

Should I avoid the corduroy jacket when I'm wearing one of the other pieces of corduroy?

When we had the search for the new secretary (by the way - my secretary kicks ass!) I was prepared to mourn the fashion relationship I'd had with my last one. Turns out, my current secretary (who...did I mention kicks ass!) has some good fashion sense as well. I have yet to pose the corduroy question to her though. I'll have to do that next time I wear the two corduroys together. I missed my opportunity today.

Any fashion advice from peanut gallery?

5 comments:

Pink Shoes said...

Hmmmm.... I think it depends on what you're wearing under the jacket, if the cord pieces are similar wales, etc. From me it's not an instant no.... but possibly a no!

~moe~ said...

No advice...I'm awaiting your word on this one. I suck at fashion. A tee, jeans and zip-up hoodie are my fashion items. I'm so hip. NOT.

Jessica said...

I found myself in that situation a couple days ago!! I have a pair of corduroy pants that I love, and a light jacket, also of corduroy, also beloved. Do they pair? or not? I hear your distress.


SO glad your secretary kicks ass.

Backwoods Rev said...

Perhaps it is a question to pose to Peacebang?

Although, she has a bit of a bite if the fashion request isn't up to east coast hip...

I think you look great in corduroy!

The Lorax said...

If you are looking for fashion sense, you gotta check this out:
Fashion Tips