Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Code Resentment

Every once in a while the very first conversation I have in the morning is with the voice from the church's alarm company. The alarm can go off for a number of reasons - usually because someone either forgot or mis-typed their alarm code (there is a little bit of time and a few chances...but for some reason this alarm pad intimidates a number of my members).

I'm the 4th on a list of people to call....and the alarm company is supposed to call until they get a live person. It seems that every time they call, however, all of the other 3 are out of commission. (Of course, they don't call me if one of the other three gets called...but, the others haven't mentioned receiving calls).

On a side note - it's like we're those guardians of the grail in the book The DaVinci Code. Although, it's much less dramatic and romantic - we are merely the four guardians of the alarm system.

The alarm went off this morning - in the office. I looked - no doors were unlocked (and if it had been a person, it would have also registered whichever method they entered the office), no big disturbances.

I'm aware that I'm feeling a little resentful that I had to rush around to go and police the building. So, I decided that I just needed to take it as a reason to go and buy myself an already- brewed cup of coffee from the cool local coffee shop. If this doesn't work....perhaps I'll need to find some chocolate.

1 comment:

Chad K said...

Fun to find your blog again. Alarms are a pain~but of course you made the best of the situation!

Blessings on your ministry