Sunday, October 16, 2005

Reeking of normality...in a good way

Last night I had a topic in mind, but I thought that I would wait until today to write. Today, the topic must have wandered off to dream land.

It was a positive topic, that I know. Things seem to be going pretty well for me currently. I have been taking advantage of a trial week at a gym that may just get that $40 a month from me. I am enjoying work - feeling like I am making a difference, feeling like things have made the turn for the positive, having other people say that they are noticing that turn. I not only got a phone call this week from my grandparents (who generally call on birthdays and send cards at other times) but also from my brother (my brother!) who rarely calls...and he actually talked this time!

I also have had a pretty normal life lately. I had a "meeting" w/ a guy - not a date, I don't think...and not the guy for me, but it reeked of normality. I also got together with friends to hear a band on a Saturday night - a Saturday night! True, it was an accordion Band, and yes, they did play the Laverne & Shirley theme song, but really - that's how I know it's Milwaukee. And at the end of this week a friend is coming to visit since she's at a conference in Madison this week.

I could settle into this, and feel good about this. Nothing hugely exciting, nothing horribly traumatic. Those things are okay from time to time, but it is nice to be able to come home at the end of the day and not be all worked up.

No comments: