Friday, October 28, 2005

Lack of Motivation

Warning to the case sensitive - multiple inappropriate capitalizations ahead.

Memorial Service in 2 hours - sermon and service all set.

full day tomorrow of Administrative and Pastoral related activities (Committal, Interview a candidate to Fill a Staff position, Visiting someone about to enter the Hospital, Sermon Writing).

Today a day off filled with the Computer, Newspaper, Telephone calls. I have yet to leave the house for the day.

I'm having a hard time Caring about any of what I am Supposed to care about. I want to be Entertained. I'd rather have people caring for me (or a Mutual exchange) than this One-Way street that I'm Feeling right now.

Don't get me wrong - I care about the People to whom I'm ministering. And more Often than not I Receive care back. It just feels Shallow.

(And, as if you couldn't tell I'm feeling melancholy). I have to Ask "What's my Motivation?"

No comments: