Thursday, July 17, 2008

Connections

"She is really funny."

That's what m'dear friend K said last night on the phone. She was referencing this post.
It's true, God's a working in strange and funny ways, I know it.

It's not only work-related either.

As I talked with K last night I again (for about the millionth time) marveled at how she and I have become friends. She knew my parents before she knew me (there could be some joke in here about how she still decided to get to know me - but I don't think my parents are scary like that). She (and her husband....whose father I'd met before I met either of them) moved here shortly after I did. Our paths have seemingly crossed at other times, but in 2005 we all came here - brought by work - not knowing many, if any, others. And, we clicked.

We have so many of the same interests, similar opinions (but not too many) and have been able to trust each other pretty immediately.

I'm not packing any bags yet (and I don't believe they are either), but K is such a blessing in my life now, and I know in the years to come. A blessing that I'm positive will continue even once we are each in different locations and roles.

That God - always up to something...

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

"K is such a blessing in my life now, and I know in the years to come. A blessing that I'm positive will continue even once we are each in different locations and roles."

She is a blessing, isn't she? I just love her and, from experience, that blessing does continue even when you are in different locations and roles. In fact, I think that has enhanced our relationship (not that I don't wish she was closer and I'm totally jealous that you are, but still).

It was great to see you over The Weekend. Your sermon was awesome. You and Gary worked really well together and it was awesome. If you ever need to borrow another tee-shirt, let me know. :)