Friday, August 10, 2007

My Inner Geek Squad

I love when I'm able to just figure something out.

On Saturday night, before I left for 4 days away I discovered that my computer had died. This had been building up - and I figured it was that it wasn't receiving power. This isn't all that amazing since the cord that feeds the battery (I believe) had some loose wires in it and would regularly need to be wiggled to make it work.

So, I ordered a new cord from Dell - having done so about a year ago as well. It seems that this particular product sucks and people have to regularly repurchase this part for their computers (but $50 is better than $1,000 when you're not in the market for a new computer). On impulse I also bought a new battery for my computer - thinking that it would be nice to again be able to take my computer places an outlet and cord do not go.

I arrived home late last night and my new purchases had arrived. But, alas! I plugged the cord into the computer and nothing happened. It sucked. I was really disappointed. Since I'm heading out (in 3 hours) for vacation, I decided just to put it off.

This morning I woke up to the realization that - the battery had been dying for a while...perhaps the battery just finally said enough and retired itself.

So, without having my morning coffee I set to work to figure out how to change my computer's battery.

Success! The battery is changed - and the computer works!!

I feel like I'm the smartest person in the world. Or, at least sitting in my chair.

No comments: