Monday, August 20, 2007

Hermitage

I've had an intense 2 weeks. And work-wise I do believe this next one will be fairly intense.

As I left my parents' home last night I broke down into tears for just a few minutes. It had been a full day - saying goodbye to my home congregation for really the last time, saying goodbye to my family - with both my brother and sister moving cross country in the next couple weeks, which just changes the family dynamic. That change is fine...and really, I believe, good - but change is emotional for me.

It's been a great two weeks - and a couple of weeks with little to no alone time. I've felt like I've had a good balance of work, play, family and friends - a balance with which I hope to always live my life. But what hasn't been balanced has been the "being with other people" and the "being just with me."

I wouldn't give up a second of that time I spent with another person - even those times when I was hard to deal with ;). But, I do recognize that I am in need to some me-time.

So, following this time away, I'm going to be a little hermit for a few days.

No comments: