Sunday, August 26, 2007

8-6-7-5-3-oh-what?

I've been back at work for a week after being gone for two. This past week has been full of catching up and details and getting things together. I've got a bit more work to do in order to feel on top of things, but that end is in sight.

So, tonight, after my church's book club and after a nice long walk with a friend, I come home and decide that having not eaten dinner (at 9pm) it'd be a good pizza and beer night.

I call up the local pizza delivery establishment and do just fine until she wants my phone number....I say it, the woman taking my order repeats it back to me incorrectly and then for the life of me I cannot remember my phone number. I could get out the first three numbers...and I knew the last 4 had a 9 in it someplace. It was a total block.

I ended up hanging up the phone, regrouping and calling back (at which point she called me 'dear').

I guess my mind can be responsible for only so much.

No comments: