Friday, August 10, 2007

But...Even More Exciting...

My brother called last night to tell me that he and his awesome girlfriend (see here) ARE ENGAGED!!!

They don't plan to be married until after she participates in a year-long program next year - but I'm just so happy. Although it was over cell phone static we had a short conversation about why they wanted to get engaged now. (They offered...I didn't question). It was a great witness (in my opinion) to purpose of marriage at all. My brother said, "This doesn't really change our relationship, but it let's people know our intent."

He's so wise. (It's also something I've said about marriage in general).

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!

I just cannot express my joy enough here.

1 comment:

Backwoods Rev said...

Congratulations to your brother, his fiance and to you! Big sister of the brother and fiance!

What wonderful news! Thinking of you this week as you relax!