Friday, March 14, 2008

Funny - no greens

Here are my latest concoctions . I believe I'll have a couple more before the weekend is up. If I do, I will be only 2 dishes (or 8 days) behind my goal. Of course, after this next (Holy) week, I'll be even more behind. But, it's about the fun of making it all, eh?

This was a last minute "oh! I wonder if they have a recipe for sweet potatoes because I'm planning on doing something with it anyway!" This is Oven-"fried" Sweet Potatoes (well, really, only one potato) (pg 116). I was basically going to do the very thing that the book instructed, except I would have probably been checking them more frequently, not knowing a suggested time.
This is Portobello Parmesan (pg 84). I only made two mushrooms and had too much of the cheese mixture (did you know there was such a thing as too much cheese?). It was still very good.


And these are "Coated Carrots: Afrique du Nord" (pg 38). I have no idea what that second part means...I'm pretending it means African of the North. Anyone know?? These carrots have cumin, cinnamon and citrus juice, among other things. This dish is definitely one of my favorites.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think it means North Africa. Maybe that's where the recipe comes from? :-)

I'm rushing out to buy this cookbook soon,. I swear!