Monday, February 18, 2008

The Good of It All

Well, a number of my things on my list are over and done with. A new week is beginning. I still have a cold that has been hanging on for 2 weeks - which will limit my elderly visiting, but shouldn't hinder anything else.

Cold weather and a head cold sure can bring a person down. But, there are some things that have been bringing me up.

First - my bed. It's comfortable, and I've been getting enough time in it.

Secondly, a little over a week ago, I was able to enjoy the beauty of a freshly fallen 14" of snow while Cross Country Skiing. Here are a couple pics:
Third, though it was cold, there was an attempted Karaoke party held. We missed those who couldn't make it, but still had a good time. I have some pics, but they don't do the event justice.

Finally, I have prepared another recipe for my New Year's resolution. This time it was Potato, Turnip & Carrot Gratin with Garlic-Herb Bechamel Sauce (pp 86-87). Andrew asked about recipes. I would highly recommend buying the book (The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without by Mollie Katzen), but if there are one or two that you would like, shoot me an e-mail and I'll send 'em to you.

On the gratin, I could have actually done without the bread crumbs and cheese on top (but, is that what makes it a gratin?). It was really good though - and I don't think I've truly eaten turnip before.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think I'm going to have to buy that cookbook.

How was your cameo appearance as preaching professor/mentor? :-)