Monday, December 31, 2007

Another Round

I was sent a "choose you candidate" based on issues quiz. As was the case four years ago, Dennis Kucinich would be my president. Except, it's gotten to be less and less about issues for me - and more and more about how the future president will run the country.

I scored lowest on John McCain, but I would trust him more than many of the other candidates with whom I scored higher. No, I'm not going to be voting for McCain.

I have been reminded again that there really is no one person, organization or place with whom I will agree about everything. This includes the particular congregation that I lead. It includes the denomination in which I have promised to teach and preach. It includes my family, my friends. I definitely includes presidential candidates.

I scored very similarly for the three Democratic contenders. And, I do think each of them would make a fine president...even if I don't agree with them about each and every thing. But, when it comes to trust and integrity, and who I think will best lead the country, I feel hope with Obama. I appreciate his vision and his attitude.

If Clinton or Edwards is the Democratic candidate, they have my vote. But, I do heartily believe that Obama will lead the country better than anyone else running.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Yeah, I hear ya. Curse this silly and polarizing two-party system! :-)