Friday, January 04, 2008

Hope in the Land of Blog

Not only is this my first post of 2008, but it is also the 200th post of this blog.

So, what better way to celebrate it than talking about hope.

I'm feeling hopeful in so many areas of life right now. I'm hopeful at work because of some plans of actions that we will be putting into place that will provide vision and focus and hopefully continue to more solidly bring this gathered group into transformed life. It feels like we've got most of the pieces already, we just need to put them together.

I'm feeling hopeful because of the large number of people who showed up to caucus last night - and from the reports I've heard (both from people I know and those I don't) about the atmosphere. I'm feeling hopeful because of the new caucusers...and that it seems that people are getting involved....and that my generation is getting it and making a difference. It also helps that many of the younger participants are excited about Obama. The last time I remember my generation making an electoral difference was when Jesse Ventura was elected in MN....I did not vote for him and I was frustrated with his election.

I'm feeling hopeful because, although I've got a busy month ahead of me, some of the busyness includes concerts and dinners and fun. It's not all work. And it's always fun to have people around that you want to spend time with.

I'm feeling hopeful for some of my friends who have some pretty big things going on in life right now. Changes in job/family/location/outlook on life. I'm hopeful because I hear the realistic excitement and nervousness and fear - and then excitement about where this new change/event will lead. I'm hopeful because I'm getting to somewhat be along on the journey.

And, I'm feeling hopeful because I've found a way to escape the January gym - (with all the New Year's Resolutioners) - in Cross Country Skiing. Now I'm off, to go live into my hope.

No comments: