Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yet Another Way My Secretary Rocks!

The Senior Center is closed this morning due to an ice storm. The director called me at 6:45 to let me know.

We have a brand new phone system at work. While I have learned how to check my messages, I guess I wasn't really listening when they were telling us how to change messages. So, after receiving the news of the closing I called and got into one of the menus of the phone system but could not figure out a thing.

I hung up, resolved to get ready and go over to church right away in order to change the message so little old ladies weren't breaking hips in an effort to get to the center. Not 1/2 a minute after I hung up, my secretary called to say that she was changing the message.

I really wish we paid her well. Regardless, I am so thankful for her.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

As an assistant (aka secretary), what I appreciate most is getting the kudos I have achieved. I recently had the option to apply for a similar job but would have paid me more...but being where I am and working with who I do means so much more for me than the extra cash.

but that's just me. ;)