Saturday, July 28, 2007

Just Wait

A couple minutes ago I went to get rid of some flowers that are over a week old when I noticed that a couple of the more hidden, tiny ones are just starting to bloom. Sure, the more showey flowers are dead - brown even (and should have been thrown out a few days ago), but there is new, subtle beauty opening up within the death.

This morning I led the Outreach committee in some visioning - some evaluation. It was a bit nerve wracking to be the leader because of some strong personalities...but it was a productive morning, with good conversation.

There have been some showy examples of how we are involved in the community, but I think the true testament is the continued relationship building that is going on. We named that, and noted that we need to continue to work on that. It might not be a big production of show, but a quiet build up of community.

There has also been a quiet build up for my own support network. It sometimes explodes in recognizing (as I did last night) that I've got some pretty cool friends - and they're not all pastors (!). As I somehow ended up at one friend's performance with four other friends who either barely knew each other - or had never met. Add to that, the work support network that continues to emerge - I think as a vision is being knit together and communicated. They aren't so much a support of me as a support of the work that I think we're all working towards...but it's so much nicer than attempting the work alone.

No comments: