Thursday, June 28, 2007

5 Things I Dig About Jesus

I was tagged by Backwoods Rev for this meme:

1. I dig that even though he was so anticipated, he was so unexpected.

2. I dig that he wasn't always a nice guy...but there was usually not-niceness in order to call people to be transformed. (Like a favorite movie quote says, "God loves you just the way you are. But He loves you too much to let you stay that way." Junebug) I don't trust guys that are too nice.

3. I dig that because of him, I know God better.

4. I dig the whole equality thing - the lack of care for societies rankings - the focusing of attention not on petty rituals, but on what was really important - relationship with God - through relationship with others.

5. I did that he formed a community to continue the work of living in God's kingdom, not Caesar's (or Bush's). A community to love one another, to support one another in this tough work, to call one another into accountability.

So, I originally posted this thing without tagging...it feels a bit like a chain letter. And yet, it was so much more fun than I had originally thought it would be. So, I'll tag: Abba, Jessica, Meckhead (even though she hasn't blogged in over a year), Kendi, and um, well - you....whoever you are.

Rules for this meme:
a)Those tagged will share "Five Things They Dig About Jesus".
b)Those tagged will tag 5 people. (if they can find someone untagged!)
c) Those tagged will leave a link to their meme in the comments section of the blog of the person who tagged them (meaning this post) so that everyone can keep track of what's being posted.

2 comments:

Backwoods Rev said...

Aha! See I knew you might just like it.... great play!

Jessica said...

Ok. But I need some time to think. :-)