Sunday, October 22, 2006

It's not really what I want to say. But, it's what I can.

My morning was incredibly emotional.

And good.

However, with the exception of how my parents and my sermon were received by my congregation, everything that I really feel like I would want to share is not appropriate for me to share at this point.

So - people were so very nice to my folks. It was an interesting group that gathered around them at coffee hour this morning. Huh. I just realized it was four of the six members of the call committee that were sitting at the table with them for some of the time.

My mom and dad said it was a really interesting conversation - about war and forgiveness (inspired somewhat by my sermon). They had similar impressions of some people as I have (or do). Which was good - reinforced some gut instincts I've had about people.

My sermon seemed to connect to people from various points of view. We held worship in the fellowship hall because our heat hasn't been turned on yet and the fellowship hall is naturally warmer than the sanctuary. I wonder if the space makes preaching more effective. So, now the question is - do I want to do something about that? And if so - what?

Sometimes I hate confidentiality. What I really want to reflect on is confidential. Maybe I should dust of the old paper journal in my nightstand.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yeah, some very appropriately removed people have already heard of some of the confidential things. I guess I'm lamenting not being able to share it in this format, because it's easier for me to think when I type & I regularly go back to read my thoughts later. I should really create a computer journal if I'm going to do anything.