Saturday, August 06, 2005

F.R.s

A former roommate once lamented the fact that she really did not have any good nicknames that people used for her. I understand that lament. Nicknames denote a closeness, and have a story behind them.

Another former roommate and I share a semi-secret nickname that still stops me in my tracks when I hear it, in a good stop-in-my-tracks sort of way. It's an endearment, or at least it is said that way, and the word still surprises me and that it is used in context with me.

It surprises me so much sometimes that I am not sure how to respond - I just let the name wash over me and feel special.

3 comments:

Abba said...

It's not "Roonil Wazlib" is it?

Jessica said...

I love nicknames, too. In fact, I just kinda want to say "ditto".

Amy said...

Shoot, there goes that alias.