Thursday, December 02, 2004

The Snow Sense

I often wake up naturally when it snows, particularly at the beginning of the season. When I do so it's peaceful and exciting. For some reason I gain energy from newly fallen snow. And, somehow that energy gets transmitted to me as I sleep.

I also tend to have certain other instincts that I am sure are natural from times when humanity lived a more primitive life and so I wonder, is this another one of those instincts? Do I gain energy from falling snow and wake up in the middle of the night as snow begins to fall because at one time in humanity's existence a response would be necessary?

It may just be a change in air pressure, or maybe it's the streetlights reflecting off the white of the snow. Whatever it is, it leads me to become more and more in awe of God's creation, particularly, the human and the human's interaction with nature.

No comments: