Saturday, December 26, 2020

Postcards to Voters

For this year's presidential elections, I felt like I needed to do something more than contribute money, so I wrote 200 postcards to Wisconsin urging people who might vote to do so. (My understanding it targeted people who were sometime-voters). I followed that up with 90 more sent to Georgia. Here is when I mailed the Wisconsin postcards in October. The text was something like, "Dear [first name], thank you for being a voter (or first-time voter). Who you vote for is a secret, but whether you vote is public information. Please vote in the Tuesday, November 3rd election. Local organizations may follow up with you to update your voting record. Amy"



Then, knowing that Georgia's Senate election will determine who has control of the Senate, I signed up to write 100 postcards, and then grabbed 75 more. I also was getting our Christmas cards out at the same time, so I was writing a lot. The text for these was, "Dear [first name], Thank you for be a voter (or voters...some of these for for couples or entire households). Please vote in the Tuesday, January 5th Senate elections for Rev. Warnock and Jon Ossoff. Amy." 

It was not much, but it was something I was able to do. 
 

No comments: