Saturday, April 14, 2007

Some Days...

Some days can hold me for an entire week. Yesterday was a fun, exciting, somewhat momentous day - one that might hold for even longer than a week.

Yesterday I:
- started the morning walking with a new friend
- got my oil changed and a new battery put in my car (In my opinion the battery could have waited until next winter, but knowing me I wouldn't do it until the battery died and then that would take a ton of time. So, I'm telling myself I just saved time and headache.)
- met with a real estate broker...haven't committed to anything yet - but at least I know what I'll be looking towards and what is possible
- bought two books with a gift certificate
- drove home with my window open and music blaring
- got my taxes mailed off...and my estimated taxes...without going into the account that I set up recently to save money for my taxes (!) (it's because I got enough back from my 06 taxes that it covered some of my first estimated payment for 07). Also got my checkbook up to date and (I'm fairly certain) all of my bills paid.
- did two loads of laundry
- did dishes
- had a wonderful night out with a friend - dinner at a nice restaurant that she and I have been attempting to go to for a little while and then to the HILARIOUS musical "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change"

It was good and I've got to celebrate that, especially as I look forward to this upcoming day that needs total creativity and work (haven't even started my sermon, or the speech I give next Wed, or the Bible Study I lead tomorrow). Well, here I go - hopefully buoyed up by yesterday, I plan to take on this weekend. Here goes...

No comments: