Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Waging Tongues

Received an e-mail yesterday from someone who had been an intern at my congregation almost 30 years ago and who is now an assistant to a bishop in another synod that said "I hear you are doing great things at Unity." Received an e-mail today from a seminary professor that said "I have heard great things about your ministry." This afternoon I talked to an intern at another congregation in town who said "members of my congregation are friends with members of your congregation and they say that you are doing a wonderful job."

Why does all of this make me nervous?

I also feel some pride and encouragement with these declarations. But, it does make me wonder, "Who is talking?"

1 comment:

Sue said...

Got a letter like that and a check to DW for $250 from a retired certain someone from the synod. At least it was a direct communication. Nervous? The second hand nature or just the affirmation? To whom much has been given, much is expected/required/whatever...