Thursday, January 05, 2006

Even when I'm relaxing, I make lists

Ahh, a day off, with another one immediately following. I slept in until just before 10. While my body is not yet feeling altogether relaxed, it is relaxing. I do have a to-do list for today - but it includes fun stuff as well as work stuff.

1) figure out how and where to recycle my Christmas tree (and how long they accept them)
2) find a dentist, make an appointment
3) find an eye doctor, make an appointment
4) find a massage therapist, make an appointment (I'm available tomorrow)
5) take a bath
6) call friend to figure out when we're going to Brokeback Mountain
7) put away things on my dining room table, which seems to collect everything I take out of its place
8) Call to RSVP for house blessing at colleague's house on Saturday (am I going or not? I don't know)
9) before I go to bed, do the dishes.

I will allow myself to leave anything but 4, 5, 6 & 9 until tomorrow - which happens to be another day off.

It is amazing. Just knowing that I have tomorrow too feels so nice. A real day off - if I like, not to do anything but what is essential to relax and stay alive (really, my dishes might attack me if they are not soon cleaned).

Actually, this entire week, I've been more relaxed, happier, more patient...just because I knew I would have these two days. A lesson.

2 comments:

Abba said...

Oooooh, I luuurved Brokeback. Definitely worth paying full price to see. Are you going to the Oriental Theater?

Amy said...

Sure did - and yeah, I really liked it too.