Friday, January 27, 2006

Crossword Help

I usually enjoy doing the crossword in the paper Fridays through Sundays. Today, however, it's giving me a headache. I'm stuck on a few words that are really driving me nuts! There are six words I cannot get - can you help me out?

Orange variety: O S _ _ E
Supplemented, with "out": E _ _ D
Lettuce type: _ O S
Platonic P: _ H O
Side Conversation: _ _ O S S P _ L _
and
Turn right: _ E _

Usually if I can't get something it's okay. But I feel like I should be able to get these.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Amused! I miss crosswords, and am happy to help you out with these words where I can. :-)

- Osage oranges
- "Eked" out (maybe?)
- Cos lettuce (another word for romaine)
- The Greek letter Rho looks like a p!

The other two still stump me. Crosspile? Not a word. :-)

Amy said...

Great! I had just looked at it again this morning - and the last one was _ _ O S S T _ L _ (T replaced the P because a skirt feature could either be a slip or a slit) and so it is "Crosstalk." Now - my crossword is complete. And I feel like I've had a part in accomplishing something. Thank you, Jess!

Amy said...

Oh! And that makes "Turn Right" become "Gee" as in commands to a horse. Thanks!

Jessica said...

Hooray! I feel like I've had a part in accomplishing something too!!

:-)