Sunday, December 10, 2006

Nerdy

I wasn't really a true nerd in High School or College - I was just shy. I did, however, become a nerd in seminary. So much excites me about the stuff I'm supposed to be studying and teaching and preaching.

Amazingly, I continue to have new revelations - new insights...even if they are sometimes misguided. This entire season of Advent has been one - a new look at what we're actually doing (and it's not that we are awaiting a tiny little baby).

I get to teach about the Bible - the history - the way we read it - the interesting characters in it. It's not just about preaching a message - but about getting others to talk about what it might mean for our lives. It's exciting.

And when we're done in our Adult Bible Study class, we're going to bake communion bread.

I'm so lucky. And, I'm so nerdy. I can really claim it now.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I maintain you've been a latent nerd all along, just waiting for your place to blossom into full-fledged nerdiness... :-)

What a lucky congregation!