Monday, December 18, 2006

A Fly on the Wall

Every once in a while my office's phone messaging system receives a message that seems as if someone accidentally dialed.

I think usually people listen to the really long message and either fade off or think they've hung up when they haven't.

I get a kick out of these calls - and sometimes feel as if I should listen for a little while in case the person was trying to leave a message and then got distracted. There's something somewhat scandalous listening into these snippets in people's lives that they didn't mean to share. Today all I heard was a TV in the background. Sometimes I've heard conversations that I haven't been able to understand any but a few words. I've heard someone scolding a dog and another person singing.

I'm amused by the frequency of these calls.

No comments: