Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Resisting the meddling urge...

I just got off the phone with my brother who visited with 3 friends the day before I left for my cruise (which was fantastic! I'd recommend cruising for others who like to relax and be entertained). I enjoyed the 1/2 day I got with my brother and his friends. I especially enjoyed talking with the sole, brave girl who came along.

In my family we have a bit of a "don't ask, tell when you want to" policy. I don't know who my brother dates because he doesn't talk about it. My sister and I are a bit more open, but we aren't ever asked in my family. But, I have the greatest urge to see if my brother is dating this very cool girl.

So, I just got off the phone with him and I said something about how she had been looking into some internships in museums in Chicago and he told me that she'd really liked me and "would want to be your friend." Now I want them to date even more. Is there any good way for an older sister to suggest this and not be too meddlesome? I've never thought before about who my future sister-in-law will be...

2 comments:

Abba said...

Yay! She sounds cool. I want to meddle, too ...

Jessica said...

Good luck getting your brother to fall in luv!