Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Too much

Do you ever have one of those days when you can't tell if it's a good one or bad one? Like when you have the most enjoyable time of your day complaining? Or when good news completely disrupts your carefully considered and emotionally charged plans which means you have to start from square one?

I really don't know how to cope. I want to laugh at the same time I mope around the apartment avoiding productivity. It's distressing because it is not about hope. It's recognizing angst and sharing it, albeit shallowly. Can I find hope in skimming over the top of pain? Can I find hope in this good news, even though I'd almost rather be resolute in the bad news than have to wade through the muck of decision making again?

The title of my blog comes from a favorite poem, written by Denise Levertov. She describes problems, loud and foggy and the stillness that breaks through in the wonder that everything "O Lord, Creator, Hallowed One, You still, hour by hour sustain it." From this is where my hope must come. My time in this specific location is temporary making depth somewhat difficult (my time here on earth is also temporary, but that would be a different post), and yet, even this time God sustains.

No comments: