Friday, October 25, 2019

Public Privacy

Currently this blog has an incredibly small audience (perhaps only me?). While I'm not really writing for others, I'm also aware that anything I put out there can be made public. There are a couple of posts I've kept as drafts. For whatever reason feeling like I didn't want them to be shared, but that I wanted to write.

I'm not completely clear on how private I want to be here. This past week, one of my kids did something that I'd love to both process in writing and have a record of. But, is it fair to him for me to do that on a public medium? Even if it's not being seen? What sounds does a falling tree make in a forest when no one is there to hear it?

I've also been mulling over what I want to do with my life - specifically my career. I will be sharing my thoughts about that soon, likely in more than one post. But, I'm also a little hesitant to put my musings out there because they are unprocessed and raw. And yet, that's part of my purpose of writing - to make meaning, to figure out what my actions should be, to process my life.

And maybe I'll overshare a little. But, at this point at least, I'm fairly certain that anyone who is reading isn't going to find what I'm mulling over problematic.


No comments: